- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://www.di.fc.ul.pt/~ruf
- Phone: (+351)217500254
- Fax: (+351)217500084
José Rufino is Assistant Professor at the Departmento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa (FCUL), and a senior researcher of LaSIGE, the Large-Scale Informatics Systems Laboratory, since 2003. He has lectured at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), no Departamento de Engenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores, from 1992 to 2003. From 1985 to 1996 he was a member of the Distributed Systems and Industrial Automation Group at Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores (INESC). From 1996 to 2003, he was a researcher at Centro de Sistemas Telemáticos e Computacionais (IST), in the areas of fault-tolerance and distributed embedded real-time systems. He participated and contributed to several national and international projects such as, Delta-4, DINAS-DQS, Codicom, DEAR-COTS, HIDENETS and KARYON. He was the field responsible of Codicom. He was the Principal Investigator (PI) of national projects DARIO and READAPT, funded by FCT, and of the international projects AIR and AIR-II, sponsored by the European Space Agency (ESA). He was responsible for the European transnational cooperation projects SAPIENT and PROPHECY. Currently, he is a member of the Management Committee of COST Action IC1402 - Runtime Verification beyond Monitoring (ARVI). His current research interests include fault-tolerant and real-time distributed systems, wired and wireless sensor/actuator and fieldbus networks, controller area networks (CAN and CAN FD), real-time operating system kernels, embedded systems design, including time and space partitioning (TSP), and runtime verification. He has more than 80 publications in these areas. He is a member of the Ordem dos Engenheiros, ACM and IEEE.
- COST Action IC1402 (Runtime Verification Beyond Monitoring)
- NORTH (Non-intrusive Observation and RunTime verification of cyber-pHysical systems)
- READAPT (Reconfigurability and Adaptability in Safe and Secure Multicore Architectures for Mixed-Criticality Applications)
- SAPIENT (Scheduling Analysis Principles and Tool for Time- and Space-Partitioned Systems)
- PROPHECY (Proactive Fault Tolerance for Time and Space Partitioning Hypervisors)
- KARYON (Kernel-Based ARchitecture for safetY-critical cONtrol)
- AIR-II (ARINC 653 In Space RTOS - Industrial Initiative)
- AIR (ARINC 653 Interface in RTEMS)
- HIDENETS (HIghly DEpendable ip-based NETworks and Services)
- DARIO (Distributed Agency for Reliable Input/Output)
- CoDiCom (Distributed Real-time Computer Control System)
- Delta-4 (Definition and Design of an open Dependable Distributed Architecture)
- João Pedro Craveiro, “Real-Time Scheduling in Multicore Time- and Space-Partitioned Architectures”, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, Aug. 2013. Defended in 2014
- Pedro Nóbrega da Costa, “Safety Kernel for Cooperative Sensor-Based Systems”, Master’s thesis, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, Nov. 2013.
- André Guerreiro, “Inaccessibility in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Master’s thesis, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Oct. 2013.
- Rui Ormonde Silveira, “Design and implementation of a modular scheduling simulator for aerospace applications”, Master’s thesis, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, Nov. 2012.
- Joaquim Rosa, “Development and Update of Aerospace Applications in Partitioned Architectures”, Master’s thesis, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, May 2011.
- Ricardo Correia Pinto, “Mechanisms for Enhanced Dependability and Timeliness in CAN”, Master’s thesis, Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Instituto Superior Técnico, Dec. 2010.
- José Sousa, “Memory Protection and Qualification of Real-Time Operating Systems for Space Applications”, Master’s thesis, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, Sept. 2009.
- João Pedro Craveiro, “Integration of generic operating systems in partitioned architectures”, Master’s thesis, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, 2009.
- José Anjos, “JAVA Development Platform for Real-Time Applications in Multi-core Architectures”, Master’s thesis, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, 2009.
- Edgar Pascoal, “AMOBA - ARINC 653 Simulator for Modular Space Based Applications”, Master’s thesis, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, Jul. 2008.
- Manuel Coutinho, “Integração Modular de Dispositivos de Entrada/Saída em Plataformas de Controlo Distribuído”, Master’s thesis, Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Instituto Superior Técnico, Dec. 2007. (in Portuguese)
- Rui Pedro Caldeira (MSc student)
- Inês Gouveia (MSc student)
- Kleomar Almeida (MSc student)
- José Batalheiro (MSc student)
- João de Sousa Alves, José Rufino, “Comparing the inaccessibility characteristics of CAN and CAN FD protocols”, in Atas do 9º Simpósio de Informática (INForum 2017), Aveiro, Portugal, Oct. 2017. (accepted for publication)
- António Casimiro, Inês Gouveia, José Rufino, “Enforcing Timeliness and Safety in Mission-Critical Systems”, in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies, Ada-Europe 2017, Vienna, Austria, Jun. 2017.
- Inês Gouveia, José Rufino, “Enforcing safety and security through non-intrusive runtime verification”, in Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Security and Dependability of Critical Embedded Real-Time Systems (CERTS), Porto, Portugal, Dec. 2016, pp. 19–24. (co-located with the IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium 2016 (RTSS 2016))
- Inês Gouveia, José Rufino, “Non-intrusive runtime verification of embedded software”, in Proc. INForum 2016, 8º Simpósio de Informática - Poster Sessions, Lisboa, Portugal, Sept. 2016, pp. 1–2.
- José Rufino, Inês Gouveia, “Timeliness runtime verification and adaptation in avionic systems”, in Proceedings of the 12th workshop on Operating Systems Platforms for Embedded Real-Time applications (OSPERT), Toulouse, France, Jul. 2016.
- José Rufino, “Towards integration of adaptability and non-intrusive runtime verification in avionic systems”, ACM SIGBED Review, vol. 13, no. 1, Jan. 2016. (Special Issue on 5th Embedded Operating Systems Workshop)
- Rui Pedro Caldeira, Jeferson L. R. Souza, Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Methods and Tools for Assessment of Wireless Networks in Extreme Environments”, in IEEE International Conference on Wireless for Space and Extreme Environments 2015 (WiSEE), Miami, Florida, United States of America, Dec. 2015.
- Rui Pedro Caldeira, Jeferson L. R. Souza, Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “A Tool for Real-Time Assessment of IEEE 802.15.4 Networks Through Fault Injection”, in Proceedings of the 7th Simpósio de Informática (INFORUM), Covilhã, Portugal, Sept. 2015.
- Jeferson L. R. Souza, José Rufino, “The Wi-STARK Architecture For Resilient Real-Time Wireless Communications”, ACM SIGBED Review, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1–6, Dec. 2014. Special Issue on 4th Embedded Operating Systems Workshop (EWiLi), Lisbon, Portugal
- Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Exploiting Non-intrusive Monitoring in Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems”, in Proceedings of the 4th Embedded Operating Systems Workshop (EWiLi) - Poster Session, Lisbon, Portugal, Nov. 2014, pp. 1–2.
- Jeferson L. R. Souza, Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Mechanisms to Enforce Dependability and Timeliness in Wireless Communications”, in Proceedings of the 2nd International IEEE Conference on Wireless for Space Applications and Extreme Environments (WiSEE), European Space Agency, Noordwijk, Netherlands, Oct. 2014, pp. 1–6.
- Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Exploitation of Non-intrusive Monitoring in Real-Time Embedded Systems”, in Communication at the Embedded and Real-Time Systems Session of the 6th Simpósio de Informática (INForum), Porto, Portugal, Sept. 2014, pp. 1–1.
- João Carraca, Ricardo Correia Pinto, João Pedro Craveiro, José Rufino, “Information Security in Time- and Space-Partitioned Architectures for Aerospace Systems”, in Proceedings of the 6th Simpósio de Informática (INFORUM), Porto, Portugal, Sept. 2014, pp. 457–472.
- Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Towards Non-invasive Run-time Verification of Real-Time Systems”, in Work-in-Progress Session of the 26th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS), Madrid, Spain, Jul. 2014, pp. 25–28.
- Jeferson L. R. Souza, José Rufino, “Low Level Error Detection For Real-Time Wireless Communications”, in Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Real-Time Networks (RTN) - co-located with ECRTS, Madrid, Spain, Jul. 2014.
- António Casimiro, José Rufino, Ricardo Correia Pinto, Eric Vial, Elad M. Schiller, Oscar Morales-Ponce, Thomas Petig, “A Kernel-based Architecture fo Safe Cooperative Vehicular Functions (Invited Paper)”, in Proceedings of the 2014 Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems, Pisa, Italy, Jun. 2014.
- Rolf Johansson, Jörg Kaiser, António Casimiro, Renato Librino, Kenneth Östberg, José Rufino, P. Costa, “An Architecture Pattern Enabling Safety at Lower Cost and with Higher Performance”, in Proceedings of the Workshop on Embedded Real-Time Software and Systems (ERTS2), Toulouse, France, Feb. 2014.
- André Guerreiro, Jeferson L. R. Souza, José Rufino, “Improving NS-2 Network Simulator To Evaluate IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Networks Under Error Conditions”, in Proceedings of the 3th International Conference on Sensor Networks (SENSORNETS), Lisbon, Portugal, Jan. 2014, pp. 212–220.
- Jeferson L. R. Souza, José Rufino, “Analysing and Reducing Network Inaccessibility in IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Communications”, in 38th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN 2013), Sydney, Australia, Oct. 2013, pp. 532–540.
- André Guerreiro, Jeferson L. R. Souza, José Rufino, “Improving NS-2 Network Simulator for IEEE 802.15.4 Standard Operation”, in 5th Simpósio de Informática (INFORUM), Évora, Portugal, Sept. 2013, pp. 432–443.
BibTeXNavigators - José Rufino
|Faculty members||Alysson Bessani, António Casimiro, Fernando Ramos, Ibéria Medeiros, José Rufino, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Pedro M. Ferreira|
|PhD students||AdrianoSerckumecka, Bruno Vavala, Diego Kreutz, Fernando Alves, Gonçalo Jesus, João Sousa, Luís Marques, Manuel Mendonça, Max Alaluna, Miguel Garcia, Pedro Costa, Regivaldo Costa, Túlio Ribeiro, Vinicius Vielmo Cogo|
|Hired researchers||Eric Vial, Ricardo Fonseca, Ricardo Mendes, Tiago Oliveira|
|MSc students||Bruno Nunes, Diogo Duarte, Diogo Pinto, Diogo Pires, Eunice Branco, Fabio Pereira, Gonçalo Reis, Henrique Mendes, Inês Gouveia, Ivo Vacas, José Batalheiro, José Soares, Joao Paulino, João Silva, Kleomar Almeida, Miguel Falé, Pedro Alves, Pedro Maia, Rogério Resende, Rui Azevedo … further results|