Contacts and location
The Navigators are a research team at the LaSIGE research unit, installed at the Faculty of Sciences of the University Lisbon.
Lisbon is served by the Lisboa International Airport, which is close to LaSIGE. Here are some ways for you to get from the airport to LaSIGE:
- Taxi: There are two taxi stands within the perimeter of the airport, one at arrivals and the other at departures. After you enter the taxi, the meter should be working and present a reading of €2.00 (the initial fare for a weekday daytime pickup). When you arrive, if you have put some luggage in the trunk, a supplement of €1.60 will be added to the meter's reading. In normal conditions, a taxi from the airport to LaSIGE should never cost more than €10.
- Subway: LaSIGE is served by two subway stations, Campo Grande (Green and Yellow line) and Cidade Universitária (Yellow line); Cidade Universitária is slightly more convenient if you are heading for the C6 building, where LaSIGE is installed. The suggested route from the airport is to turn right when you get to the public arrivals area, take the Red line at the airport, and get off at the Saldanha station. There, you change to an Odivelas-bound Yellow line train and get off at either Cidade Universitária or Campo Grande.
- Bus: Take the 783 route (destination Amoreiras) and get off at the Campo Grande / Av. Brasil stop. The ticket can be bought to the bus driver for €1.80, and you can only take hand luggage with you (55x40x20cm).
- From the north (A1 highway): when the A1 highway ends, you are on the Segunda Circular highway. Exit on the C.Universitária sign are follow the directions shown in the map on the right.
- If you are entering the country by car through the Fuentes de Oñoro/Vilar Formoso border, you should take the A25 highway, then the A23 highway, and then follow the signs saying A1/Lisboa to get to the A1 highway.
- From the south (A2 highway): after crossing the 25 de Abril Bridge, you are on the Eixo Norte–Sul highway. Exit on the Cp. Grande sign to merge onto the Segunda Circular highway. Then, exit the Segunda Circular highway on the C.Universitária sign are follow the directions shown in the map on the right.
- If you are entering the country by car through the Badajoz/Elvas border, you should take the A6 highway, which merges onto the A2 highway (follow the A2/Lisboa signs).