- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://homepages.lasige.di.fc.ul.pt/~mhenriques/
- Advisor(s): Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves
I am a PhD student at the Faculty of Sciences University of Lisbon and I am also a junior researcher at LaSIGE research group. My adivsors are Professor Alysson Bessani and Professor Nuno Neves. My mains research interests are Intrusion-tolerance, Diversity and Rejuvenations. I am also interested in topics such as Advanced Persistent Threats, DDoS attacks, Privacy concerns and Smart-grids security. In 2011 I have finished my M.Sc on Diversity Management in Intrusion Tolerant Systems, advised by Professor Alysson Bessani and Professor Nuno Neves. My thesis' contribution was a study on operating system vulnerabilities that showed that there is empirical evidence supporting the idea that the use of different operating systems on a replicated system makes the system more resilient. In 2008, while finishing my bachelor, I became a junior member of LaSIGE. I have contributed to FOREVER, advised by Professor Paulo Sousa and Professor Alysson Bessani. I have implemented a replicated system using virtualization (Xen Hypervisor) with different operating systems, and also a proactive recovery mechanism to replace the virtual machines with differente operating systems.
- SEGRID (Security for smart Electricity GRIDs)
- SUPERCLOUD (User-Centric Management of Security and Dependability in Clouds of Clouds)
- DIVERSE (Diversity for Intrusion-Tolerant Systems)
- Miguel Garcia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Alysson Bessani, “SieveQ: A Layered BFT Protection System for Critical Services”, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, Jun. 2016. accepted for publication
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves, “Towards an Execution Environment for Intrusion-Tolerant Systems”, in Poster in the 11th European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys), London, UK, Apr. 2016.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Ilir Gashi, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Rafael R. Obelheiro, “Analysis of OS Diversity for Intrusion Tolerance”, Software: Practice and Experience, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 735–770, Jun. 2014.
- Miguel Garcia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Alysson Bessani, “An intrusion-tolerant firewall design for protecting SIEM systems”, in Workshop on Systems Resilience in conjunction with the Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, Jun. 2013.
- Miguel Garcia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Alysson Bessani, “DIVERSYS: DIVErse Rejuvenation SYStem”, in NFORUM 2012 - Simpósio de Informática, Lisbon, Portugal, Sept. 2012.
- Miguel Garcia, “Diversity Management in Intrusion Tolerant Systems”, Master’s thesis, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Sept. 2011.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Ilir Gashi, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Rafael R. Obelheiro, “OS Diversity for Intrusion Tolerance: Myth or Reality?”, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks - DSN'11. Hong Kong, China, June 2011., Jun. 2011.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves, “Diverse OS Rejuvenation for Intrusion Tolerance”, in Poster in Supplement of the IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, Jun. 2011.
BibTeXNavigators - Miguel Garcia
|Faculty members||Alysson Bessani, António Casimiro, Fernando Ramos, Ibéria Medeiros, José Rufino, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Pedro M. Ferreira|
|PhD students||AdrianoSerckumecka, Bruno Vavala, Diego Kreutz, Fernando Alves, Gonçalo Jesus, João Sousa, Luís Marques, Manuel Mendonça, Max Alaluna, Miguel Garcia, Pedro Costa, Regivaldo Costa, Túlio Ribeiro, Vinicius Vielmo Cogo|
|Hired researchers||Eric Vial, Ricardo Fonseca, Ricardo Mendes, Tiago Oliveira|
|MSc students||Bruno Nunes, Diogo Duarte, Diogo Pinto, Diogo Pires, Eunice Branco, Fabio Pereira, Gonçalo Reis, Henrique Mendes, Inês Gouveia, Ivo Vacas, José Batalheiro, José Soares, Joao Paulino, João Silva, Kleomar Almeida, Miguel Falé, Pedro Alves, Pedro Maia, Rogério Resende, Rui Azevedo … further results|