We are the Navigators, a research team on distributed systems, their architectures, their algorithms, in their several skins: fault tolerance, real-time, security, and combinations thereof.
We also pursue the quest for the right balance between science and technology. Some people say that Informatics (a.k.a. computer science and engineering) belongs to a new breed, of what are called techno-sciences. We believe that techno-scientists should accompany theoretical mastery with a deep knowledge of their environment — computer technology — as well as astro-physicists know the sky, or marine biologists know the sea.
We study new theories to explain distributed systems, and new algorithms to take advantage from them. But we also like to do proof-of-concept experiments about the theory we work on. We try that our papers and theses tell a good story as clearly as possible. We work hard for our demonstrations to be convincing and captivating. Because we believe science is made for others.
- (11/Apr/2018) Based on the final demonstration of the Supercloud project last month, here is a video about Sirius, the multi-cloud network virtualization platform.
- (1/Oct/2017) NavTalks seminars have started for a new year of discussions!
- José Rufino, “Non-intrusive Observation and Runtime Verification of Avionic Systems”, Ada User Journal, vol. 39, no. 4, Dec. 2018.
- José Rufino, “Hardware Support for Non-intrusive Runtime Verification on Processor Technologies”, Ada User Journal, vol. 39, no. 4, Dec. 2018.
- Paulo Antunes, “Monitoring Web Applications for Vulnerability Discovery and Removal under Attack”, Master’s thesis, Mestrado em Engenharia Informática, Departamento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Oct. 2018.
- Diego Kreutz, Jiangshan Yu, Paulo Verissimo, Fernando Ramos, Cátia Magalhães, “The KISS principle in Software-Defined Networking: a framework for secure communications”, IEEE Security & Privacy, Oct. 2018.
- João lopes, Ibéria Medeiros, Sérgio Sá, “Infraestrutura de Chaves Públicas suportando Assinaturas na Cloud baseadas no eIDAS”, in Proceedings of the 10th Simpósio de Informática (INForum 2018), Coimbra, Portugal, Sept. 2018.
- José Soares, “Migration of networks in a multi-cloud environment”, Master’s thesis, Mestrado em Engenharia Informática, Departamento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Sept. 2018.
- Pedro Maia, “Resilient Communications in Smart Grids”, Master’s thesis, Mestrado em Segurança Informática, Departamento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Sept. 2018.
- Rui Azevedo, Ibéria Medeiros, Alysson Bessani, “Automated Solution for Enrichment and Quality IoC Creation from OSINT”, in Proceedings of the 10th Simpósio de Informática (INForum 2018), Coimbra, Portugal, Sept. 2018.
- Paulo Antunes, Ibéria Medeiros, Nuno Ferreira Neves, “Remoção Automática de Vulnerabilidades usando Análise Estática de Código Direcionada”, in Proceedings of the 10th Simpósio de Informática (INForum 2018), Coimbra, Portugal, Sept. 2018.
- Rui Marques, Salvatore Signorello, Fernando Ramos, “Named Data Networking with Programmable Switches”, in 1st P4 European Workhop, Sept. 2018.
|Alan Oliveira||presents||System Identification Attacks, Model-based Offensives and Countermeasures in Networked Control Systems|
|Luiz Rust||presents||Cyber security for Smart Devices|
|João Sousa||presents||A Byzantine Fault-Tolerant Ordering Service for the Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain Platform|
|Tiago Oliveira and Ricardo Mendes||presents||Vawlt - from Science to Business|
Past Navtalk Events